I’m too busy for a real post – but here’s what I’m loving right now:
1. Kitchen is coming along. Heating and Air guy coming out tomorrow to vent our dryer!
2. Going out dancing this weekend for a girlfriend’s birthday – soooooo excited!
3. Had my performance review yesterday at work. It went alright (I’m a perfectionist so it wasn’t good enough for my standards…) but I might be getting a work laptop – yes!!!
4. Walmart had veggies trays for $4.88 this weekend with carrots, celery, snap peas, broccoli, and MINI PEPPERS! Those things are SO cute! And it came with yummy buttermilk ranch dip. We bought 2. :)Mmmmm!
5. We took those veggies and some PB&Js out to Piedmont Park this past weekend and had a picnic and took the doggies to the dog park – so much fun!
Ready for the weekend!
No I’m not pregnant.
But I do like pickles with a glass of chocolate milk. Something about the combo of sweet and sour – yum! I think my mom ate pickles and chocolate ice cream when she was pregnant with me…maybe that explains it.
Anyways, last night I went to Taco Mac for dinner with the hubs and some friends. (French fries and homemade ranch…yum….) I was saving my pickle until the end of the meal and when I was finally ready to eat it, I went to pick it up……………and I dropped the WHOLE pickle on the floor!!! I didn’t even get one bite! 🙁
I. Was. Devastated.
“MY PICKLE!!!” 🙁 *sniff*
Well, life went on and we started talking about other stuff and having a good time.
But then the waiter came over. And my SWEET hubby asked him to bring me another pickle! I mean, he just asked him! Without me even saying anything or telling him I wanted another pickle – nothing!!!
It was so sweet! I almost cried!!
And the waiter was so nice that he brought us all another pickle.
I love pickles…but I love my hubby more!
Last Friday, we drove up to Athens to visit with some friends. I LOVE going back to Athens…even if I do feel a little old compared to all the college kids. 🙂
We ate at a yummy sushi place called Shokitini and then did some bar hopping. I made the mistake of ordering a drink other than my usual rum and diet. We basically told the bartender to make us something and since there was blueberry vodka on the shelf, we said make us something with that. Not the smartest idea… He made a “blueberry muffin” which wasn’t terrible…but not very tasty. And it was super strong!
But we had a great time!
Silly Aubree! 🙂
Those are fried oreos – yum!
Blueberry muffins – not recommended.
There are very few things at work that I find truly “fun.” (Read my whiny post here
But lately, I’ve been trying find happiness in the little things in life. So for the next few blog posts, I’d like to share with you the small parts of my job that I actually enjoy. We’ll call this series “Finding the FUN at Work.”
First off –
Otherwise titled “How to put a CD cover onto a CD”
1. Peel off your CD label
2. Grab your Neato (I LOVE that it’s call theNeato!)
3. Put the CD Label onto the Neato, sticky side up
4. Put the CD onto the Neato
5. Push down
6. Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it…
POP! The CD pops up and…ta-dah! You have a perfectly aligned CD cover. NEATO! (Uunfortunately, I can’t show you a picture of the finished product because it is confidential. Boo.)
But I sure do love when that CD pops up! It’s kind of like a jack-in-the-box. And I have to smile every time. 🙂
Like I said, you have to find fun in the little things in life. 🙂
Tune in next time for another installment of “Finding the FUN at Work!”
And I’ll leave you today with these ADORABLE pictures of my baby boy helping me put up the laundry.
He’s so goofy!