I love Chick-fil-A. They have some tasty, tasty food, decent coffee, and great customer service. And those milkshakes? Oh yeah!! But best of all, they have an indoor, climate controlled play area where my wild children can burn some energy while I sit and take a much needed mom-break.
But there’s such a thing as too much of a good thing. On Tuesday, we spent 2 hours at Chick-fil-A. I took the kids to play and have dinner since Dada was traveling for work. And I have to say, that 2 hours is too long to spend at any restaurant with kids, even Chick-fil-A.
5 Thoughts I Had While Spending 2 Hours at Chick-fil-A:
1. Chick-fil-A is the only place where it’s socially acceptable to let a bunch of young children run around a restaurant barefoot. And go to the bathroom barefoot. #gross
2. When another parent walks into the tiny, enclosed play area that smells of toddler sweat, bare feet, and dirty diapers, and has at least 5 ice-cream-high-induced monkeys…er…kids running around, jumping, and screaming, I want to say to them, “Welcome to Hell.”
3. Forget frosted coffee and lemonade. What we really need up in here is some frosty alcoholic beverages.
Me: “Can I get a margarita?”
Chick-fil-a employee: “Of course! My pleasure!”
4. Is that my kid licking the slide? OMG she is!!! “Stop!!! Don’t lick the slide!!” Gag me.
5. When I get to the point in my life where I don’t have to stop, mid-bite, into my spicy chicken sandwich to hop up and go wipe someone else’s butt…that will be a good day.
So I learned my lesson. 2 hours is too much at Chick-fil-A. Unless they really do start serving margaritas…
Do you think that the cows would tell us to eat more chicken AND drink more tequila? Because I’d be all about that.
Do you love Chick-fil-A?