Wosh! I’ve been super busy at work lately and haven’t had a chance to blog. But today is super slow. I hope the entire week isn’t going to be like this…
This weekend, the hubby and I decided to take a day trip up to Helen, GA. Helen is a cheesy, kitschy (thanks for that word Lauren!), touristy town modeled to look like Germany. But as silly as the town is, I love it! My parents have a timeshare in Helen, so I grew up going almost every year. Josh and I also went to Helen early on in our relationship, so I have sweet memories from that time as well.
So on Saturday, we drove up there for the day. We watched the GA game for a while at a margarita bar, walked around the shops, sat and chatted for a while on a bench at a park, went to Betty’s country store, people watched, and ended the day with some fudge for Josh and a caramel apple for me. YUM! It was such a wonderful day. We haven’t spent any quality time together lately – he’s been working late every night and then we’ve been busy on the weekends or too exhausted to do much more than zone out in front of the TV. So we really enjoyed our romantic day trip to Helen!
I’ve also been cooking up a storm lately. Here are some pictures. (I can’t WAIT to re-do the kitchen so I don’t have to have such an ugly backdrop for my food pics!)
Pasta from the Farmer’s Market with Puttanesca Sauce
Mango Margaritas (Josh actually made these – yum!)
I’m back from my absolutely FABULOUS vacation! It was all that I imagined it would be and MORE. Picture the most awesome vacation you can think of and then multiply it by 100 – that was this vacation. It was “all-inclusive amazingness.” There was lots of relaxing, lots of eating, lots of drinking, lots of laughing, lots of playing, lots of dancing, lots of tanning, lots of floating…I could go on and on! The wedding was beautiful and the bride and groom were just glowing with happiness!
The highlights have to be the following:
- The resort itself (The views of the ocean and the mountains were soooooooo beautiful.)
- The Italian restaurant we ate at (Complete with an antipasto buffet – YUMMY!)
- The jerk pork (From a grill right on the beach. No forks. Just some bread to sop up the sauce. Mmmmm!)
- The swim-up bars (Getting thirsty while you are sunbathing on your float in the pool? No problem mon! Just float over to the swim-up bar and order a pina colada!)
- The Cabaret (The dance club on the resort. SUPER fun!)
- The Piano/Martini Bar (Where the bride’s father got a little tipsy and serenaded the guests at the resort.)
- The coffee (Best. Coffee. Ever.)
- The French Cafe (With tasty made-to-order crepes!)
- The pineapple (It was white, not yellow, and oh so sweet and juicy!)
- The spa (Margarita manicure? Yes please! And the lady that did my hair for the wedding is a hairstyling genius! She did a great job!)
- Kayaking (I swear we saw about 50 starfish while out in the ocean.)
Like I said before, the whole trip was amazing. I was soooo happy we got to go. Not only just because it was super fun, but also because it was so special to be able to celebrate one of my best friends marriages. I am so happy for Lauren and Trea and I wish them many years of love and happiness!
Pics coming soon!