All opinions are mine alone. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Louis Kemp. #CrabDelightfulHoliday #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is our Christmas Eve meal. My family loves pasta, and on the 24th, I make a huge pot of pasta for us to eat. It’s the one meal I know everyone will love – even my kids. We pile the pasta in big bowls, top it with “sprinkle-cheese” (what my kids call Parmesan), and eat it up while we guess what Santa will bring.
This year, I’m planning on making a Christmas Eve Creamy Crab Pasta with with plenty of garlic, cheese, and cream. The star of the dish is Louis Kemp® Crab Delights® – Flake Style. The mild crab taste of Crab Delights pairs perfectly with the pasta and the creamy sauce, and it’s a great shortcut for moms during the busy holiday season. Because we all have enough to do as it is! Crab Delights is made with premium Wild Alaskan Pollock fillets, is a great source of protein, and is naturally low in calories and cholesterol, which makes it perfect for this indulgent pasta recipe.
My Christmas Eve Creamy Crab Pasta also includes bright red tomatoes and fresh green parsley, so it reflects the colors of the season – red and green! It makes for a beautiful presentation that can easily work for a holiday dinner party, or for a comfy night at home with your family, like we’re planning.
I bought all the ingredients needed for this pasta at my local Ingles Market. This month has been so busy for us, and it was great being able to purchase everything I needed in one place. You can also save $1.00 right now on Crab Delights.
So if you’re looking for an indulgent and comforting Christmas meal that the whole family will enjoy, try my Christmas Eve Creamy Crab Pasta.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Recipes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound pasta (I used fettuccine)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces package of Louis Kemp® Crab Delights® Flake Style
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (plus extra grated for topping)
- 1/2 pint of halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Add heavy cream and the shredded Parmesan to the pan.
- Stir gently until all the cheese has melted.
- Add Crab Delights and gently break the flakes apart with your spoon or spatula.
- Drain pasta, reserving about a half a cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add drained pasta to sauce. Stir over low heat for about a minute, adding a little of the cooking liquid if the pasta seems too dry.
- Add in the tomatoes and parsley and gently toss all together.
- Serve with extra grated "sprinkle cheese" (Parmesan) and enjoy!