This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this website.
We’ve been making cookie pizza for years. I remember making one to share with my classmates back in college and it was a huge hit! And while there are tons of different recipes for cookie pizza on Pinterest, my quick and easy 4th of July cookie pizza is great because it starts with a pouch of store-bought sugar cookie mix. It’s also a super versatile recipe – you can customize it for any holiday. A heart pizza for Valentine’s Day, a Christmas tree for Christmas, a margarita shaped pizza for World Margarita Day. Ha! (It’s in February FYI.) The possibilities are endless!
My kids absolutely love making fruit pizza. They like spreading the frosting, placing the fruit, and drizzling the topping. And the fruit totally makes this a healthy recipe, right?
My quick and easy 4th of July cookie pizza is a perfect dessert to take to a 4th of July potluck or barbecue. Just wait and arrange the fruit and drizzle the marmalade at the last minute. It doesn’t keep well (it starts to get mushy) so make sure you eat all of it in one sitting. Which isn’t hard for my family to do!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 8
- 1 package of store-bought cookie dough mix
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Follow directions on sugar cookie mix for cutout cookies.
- Sprinkle cookie sheet with flour and roll out dough on the cookies sheet with a rolling pin.
- Shape into a flag.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until center of flag is cooked and the cookie is a light golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together. (I just used a spoon, but you can use beaters if you'd like.)
- Spread over cooled cookie.
- Arrange sliced fruit on cookie.
- Heat a few tablespoons of the orange marmalade in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until you can easy drizzle it off of a spoon.
- Drizzle the marmalade over the pizza.